Janoris Jenkins (born October 29, 1988) is an American football cornerback for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of North Alabama and University of Florida. He was selected in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams.
Jenkins attended Pahokee High School, and he played for the Pahokee Blue Devils high school football team. He was recognized as a first-team Class 2B all-state selection and a Parade magazine All-American as a senior in 2008. Rated a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Jenkins was listed as the sixth-best cornerback prospect in the nation.
Jenkins was selected by the St. Louis Rams with the 39th overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.
In Week 1 against the Detroit Lions, Jenkins recorded his first career interception, returning it 34 yards.
In Week 12 against the Arizona Cardinals, he returned two interceptions for touchdowns against fellow rookie Ryan Lindley, becoming the first Rams player to ever return two interceptions for touchdowns in a single regular season game.
Jenkins won the team's Carroll Rosenbloom Memorial Award for his record-setting season. Jenkins tied an NFL rookie record with three interceptions returned for touchdowns, and is tied with Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman for the league lead. His four defensive touchdowns (3 INTs, 1 fumble recovery) led the NFL this season.
Jenkins finished with 55 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 interception in 2013.
Jenkins saw an upgraded role in 2014 as the Rams' starting cornerback. He finished with 55 tackles and 2 interceptions. His two interceptions came against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 3, and against the San Diego Chargers in Week 12. Both interceptions were returned for touchdowns. Jenkins' interception against San Diego was returned for 99 yards.  Jenkins, along with teammate Tavon Austin, was named a Pro Bowl Alternate at cornerback.
Jenkins had an exceptional season in 2015. Jenkins had three interceptions to increase his career total 10. Pro Football Focus ranked Jenkins as the 25th best corner back in the NFL in 2015 with an overall grade of 80.2. At one point late in the season, Jenkins was ranked as high as the 11th best corner back in the NFL.
New York Giants
On March 9, 2016, Jenkins signed a five-year $62.5 million contract with the New York Giants.
Janoris in the News
- With Darrelle Revis washed up, Giants CB Janoris Jenkins one of best in NFL
- How Janoris Jenkins beat Dez Bryant and won game for Giants
- Giants’ Janoris Jenkins demands respect after shutting down Bengals’ AJ Green
- Janoris Jenkins would relish a rematch with A.J. Green
- Janoris Jenkins, Landon Collins have Giants defense leading charge at mid-season mark
- Giants’ Janoris Jenkins ‘everything as advertised’
- Janoris Jenkins named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
- Janoris Jenkins’ high expectations for Giants season match his high-priced deal
- Giants’ new cornerback traveled long, hard road to get here
- Giants’ Janoris Jenkins to participate in New York art showcase
- Giants land Rams corner Janoris Jenkins for $62M