Massie played three seasons for Ole Miss becoming a full-time starter midway through his freshman year. He started all 12 games at right tackle in both 2010 and 2011 - his sophomore and junior years. Massie utilizes his excellent size, long arms and quick feet well . . . and if he gets his massive mitts on a defender, it's game over. He gets out of his stance and into position with decent knee bend and good balance. Massie demonstrates an ability to change direction and can cut off the edge. In run blocking, Massie is quick off the snap and utilizes his strength as a solid drive blocker who always finishes off his block. His lateral mobility allows him to wall off defenders on the edge and gets to the 2nd level very well.
The Cardinals fourth-round selection in the 2012 NFL Draft (112th overall), Massie became the highest Ole Miss player drafted by the Cardinals since the team selected DE Freddie Joe Nunn with the 18th overall pick in 1985.
Played in 24 games during his first two seasons and started all 16 games at RT in 2012.
One of six offensive linemen in the NFL that started all 16 games as rookies in ’12, joining Matt Kalil (Minnesota, 1st round), Kevin Zeitler (Cincinnati, 1st round), Mitchell Schwartz (Cleveland, 2nd round), Jonathan Martin (Miami, 2nd round) and Kelechi Osemele (Baltimore, 2nd round).
Was the first offensive tackle selected out of Ole Miss since the Baltimore Ravens took Michael Oher in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
• One of six offensive linemen in the NFL that started all 16 games as rookies in ’12, joining Matt Kalil (Minnesota, 1st round), Kevin Zeitler (Cincinnati, 1st round), Mitchell Schwartz (Cleveland, 2nd round), Jonathan Martin (Miami, 2nd round) and Kelechi Osemele (Baltimore, 2ndround).
• Played in 40 games (32 starts) during his first three seasons, starting all 16 games at RT both as a rookie in 2012 and again in 2014.
• Part of offensive line that allowed just 28 sacks in 2014, tied for the sixth-fewest in the NFL.
Bobby in the News
- Heart to heart helps Bears’ right tackle Bobby Massie figure it out
- Bears agree with former Cardinals tackle Bobby Massie on three-year deal
- Bobby Massie mind-set: Making right-tackle job his own
- Cardinals trying to piece together O-line puzzle
- Arizona Cardinals Offseason: Is Bobby Massie poised to become top RT in league?
- Massie’s Rights To Tackle