Former Humboldt State Lumberjack Taylor Boggs Is Back on the NFL Gridiron for the Arizona Cardinals
After bouncing around several National Football League rosters since he was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New York Jets in 2011, former Humboldt State center Taylor Boggs found himself back on the field for the Arizona Cardinals yesterday.
Boggs was released by the Cardinals earlier this year after suffering a preseason injury. But the 6-foot-3-inch lineman worked his way back onto the roster, and made his first in-game appearance this season during Sunday’s matchup against the Minnesota Vikings.
It was the eighth regular season game of Bogg’s NFL career, the prior experience coming during a stint with the Detroit Lions last year.
HSU Athletics Department spokesperson Andrew Goetz tells the Outpost that Boggs took the field at left guard during the first half of yesterday’s game, and stayed in for the rest of the game.
Keep an eye out for Boggs during the Cardinal’s next matchup against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at 10 a.m
More News and Media
- LOGAN RYAN PERFECTLY SUMS UP PATRIOTS SEASON, SUPER BOWL LI
- Brandon LaFell ranked among best NFL No. 2 receivers at creating separation
- Logan Ryan yearns to be key game-changer for Patriots
- Logan Ryan keeps making big plays for defense
- Lions’ Warford remains grounded as open market beckons
- Cards’ new starting guard Taylor Boggs is the NFL’s feel-good holiday story
- Heart to heart helps Bears’ right tackle Bobby Massie figure it out
- By all accounts, Tom Savage has what it takes to be an NFL quarterback
- Tom Savage leads Texans to comeback win over Jaguars
- With Darrelle Revis washed up, Giants CB Janoris Jenkins one of best in NFL
- How Janoris Jenkins beat Dez Bryant and won game for Giants
- Meet Vikings star Alex Boone, the maniacal savage with a sensitive soul
- Bengals’ Brandon LaFell: Leading receiver in win over Eagles
- Bengals’ Brandon LaFell, now 30, still ‘kid’ to mentor Steve Smith
- Lions’ Larry Warford finds ways to relax, reminisce as talented musician
- Giants’ Janoris Jenkins demands respect after shutting down Bengals’ AJ Green
- Janoris Jenkins would relish a rematch with A.J. Green
- Janoris Jenkins, Landon Collins have Giants defense leading charge at mid-season mark
- Move to Cincinnati gives Brandon LaFell a new career path